Sanity check

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've mentioned I've been getting ready to replace my existing boiler with HW supply with a new high efficiency boiler and an indirect HW tank.

It's a fairly interesting system with hydro air and infloor radiant. The new system includes a low-loss header to account for the large variations in flow rate. It will need a new direct vent that has to go through a poured concrete wall.

They will be tearing out the old boiler, installing a new one, indirect tank, and hooking up the new stuff to the existing air handler and radiant.

This is in NE. The price is includes some premium parts (the boiler is over 94% efficient) and the quote came in higher than I guessed (what's new!).

WIthout seeing it, what would be a ballpark range for RR of a typical system? I'm sure this is on the upper end, but I'm not sure what the two ends are. I'm sure I could economize on this, and the increase in efficiency would never be recovered, but I'd still like to know the range for this in today's market before I make any plunge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks