How does the bowl fill on Kohler Rialto?

Users who are viewing this thread

livingaboard

Reaction score
Ok so I have a Kohler Rialto one piece that has been in use since about 1999. The previous owners used chlorine tabs in all the toilets and obviously the gasket are crumbly, swelled and the plastic flush valve parts are suspect to me after being exposed to chlorine for a few years.

I felt it is cheap insurance against leaks, or other catastrophic problems if I just replace the flush valves and slimy rubber parts.

On my Rialto, instead of a standard plastic flush valve I have a brass connection at the inlet with an attached brass vertical tube that threads at a 90 degree angle to the actual plastic float operated flush valve. Before I took it out I noticed there is no portion of this with a rubber hose that goes into the open flush valve assembly to fill the toilet bowl after flushing, but the bowl has always filled anyway. After installing the new 400A valve I clipped the rubber hose to the plastic flush valve and the bowl still fills fine after flush.

The new installation works just fine but is noisier since I now have water shooting down the flush valve via the rubber tube that I didn't have before.

How was this bowl filling before? There is a built in overflow in the tank but it is a little higher than the overflow on the flush valve so I don't ever see that being used for anything.

Dave

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks