Roof paint???

Users who are viewing this thread

Pewterpower

Reaction score
I was at HD today and saw Behr Roof Paint. It's the same price as regular Behr house paint. Since my roof is 11 yrs old and is (as of right now, knock on wood) leak free. I thought this might be a good way to stretch a few more years of life out of it.
But since I have never seen nor heard of paint for asphalt shingles, until today, I figured I'd throw it out to you guys to see if anyone has any experience with this product.
I love Behr paint. I trust Behr paint. I don't buy anything but.......
So I'm assuming it is a good product. But you know what happens when you assume. :eek:

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is only good for "Dressing" up the roof to make it appear new. It will not fix dried out shingles, and curling. If the roofing material is showing age, you are better off replacing.

Pewterpower

Reaction score
From the looks of my roof, I figure I am in a 3-5 year window before I need to replace. For the cost of a couple buckets of paint, I might as well look good until the time comes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks