Toto Guinevere

Users who are viewing this thread

projectgirl

Reaction score
I've read a lot a good press on this forum regarding Toto's in general. I have a small bathroom with a 14" rough-in. I would like to get an ADA compliant toilet which means it will be elongated (which always adds 2" to the depth). I especially like the Toto Guinevere because it is 28-1/4" in depth and it looks good too. I want to know if anyone has an opinion regarding (1) the ease of installation of the UniFit Rough-in (2) the functionality of Toto's using the UniFit (I've read bad press on offset flanges and don't want to take a chance) (3) any comments on the Toto Double Cyclone flushing system.

I'm also considering the elongated Drake, since it is so highly praised on this site and others; and it is also one of the shortest toilets in it's class with a depth of 28-1/4"; however, it has a 12" rough-in which means I will have a gap at the wall. I've read about putting a shelf on the wall to overcome this issue; however, my question is "where do you put the shelf?"

All thoughts are appreciated.

abak_guinevere.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
No big thing with the Unifit adapter except you have to drill 4 (or maybe it was six?) holes to mount the thing to the floor. If the floor is tiled, depending on the kind of tile, you might need a diamond bit to do it. Basically, it bolts to the existing flange using shorter bolts like a toilet, then the back of the thing is anchored to the floor. The back part has two closet bolts that fit in it to hold the toilet, so the toilet is attached to the Unifit, the unifit is attached to the floor, and the front is attached to the flange.

Spokaneman

Reaction score
I installed two Vespin unifits last winter and from my standpoint they are easier to install than a conventional toilet because you are not wrestling with the wax ring as you set the the entire toilet on the flange. I was a little worried that it would be hard to index the toilet outlet into the unifit inlet, but it is well engineered and that was no problem. There is a funnel shape in the inlet so you don't have to be real close to get the units mated.

I have said before that it took me longer to take the units out of the boxes than it did to install them. The Vespins are two piece and since I was working alone, I set the bowl then put the tank on to minimize the weight, but it was a very simple project.

Going on 11 months with nary a plunge. It is bathroom nirvana.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks