sewage ejector

Users who are viewing this thread

Lou

Reaction score
18 x 30 basin w/1/2 hp pump top of lid to waste line connection is about 4ft.,there is a toilet,shower,basin,and washer all tied into a 2in vent line that runs all the way to the roof,the toilet is the closest fixture to the basin about 4 ft away.Everything drains very quickly and the toilet flushes well.My problem is that when the pump cycles (only 5 seconds) the water in the toilet moves and this evevtually lowers the water level in the toilet.How do I fix this? Is the pump to powerful, the vent to small? Someone told me to drill a 3/16 hole 2 inches above the pump discharge inside the basin to offset the suction created by the pump. Thanks for your help ,great forum and website. :confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

In the first place the pump should not cycle that often so you have a problem there. Second, if the toilet is vented properly, then the only way the toilet level should be affected by the pump is if the water level in the pump is getting too high, i.e., within an inch or so of the floor level or at least higher than the pipe coming into the pit from the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks