Question on main sewer line backing up every few months

Users who are viewing this thread

harveymasons

Reaction score
I have determined via camera inspection that I have a dip/belly in my main sewer line from house to city main.
I saw water sitting in this area via the camera it is @ the 17 ft mark and goes to about 31 ft. The whole run is 46 ft cast iron.

I was quoted 6k to replace that section which does not include replacement of landscaping/sidewalk and grass all which will have to be torn up.

The house was built in 1950, is it common for these runs to have these bellies in them, more importantly can I live with this if I do preventative maintenenace on the line every month or so? While the pipe is not clogged, there is standing water in the belly and some slude/grease.

Secondly, is having the pipe sewer jetted a waste of time or do you think it may help. While I can snake it myself w/ a power auger, I Am never really actually giving it a good cleaning/scrubbing like the hydojetter will do. This will cost me 900 dollars to have done. I am hoping this may help the situation because spending 6-8k right now is just not possible.

your help is greatly appreciated,

regards,
harvey

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
How deep is it? I can't imagine that much money to expose 14' of pipe and straighten it out.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
You are never going to clean it squeaky clean. You can clean it yourself much cheaper and do it periodically. you were quoted too much money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks