Weaping union fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

andrew390

Reaction score
I have some union fitting that are weaping on my Amrecian Standard 3 handle faucet.Ive tried everything i know.All materials are new but have benn tightned,taped and doped trying to stop the leake what can I do to finally finish this leg and win the race?
thanks a million
Andrew

Attachments

• 10-29-06_1018 (480 x 360).jpg
    10-29-06_1018 (480 x 360).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 10-29-06_1019 (480 x 360).jpg
    10-29-06_1019 (480 x 360).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 206

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Not sure how you did yours but I always put the union together then solder the pipe. If the pipe and union 1/2 are not lined up right that may be the problem. Your positive it is the union and not the adaptor?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
grease that pig up good

have you actually greased the inside of the socket
where the union meets the faucet body with lots of pipe dope???

It looks like you got tape on the faucet threads,
but that is basically a worthless gesture.....it does not
help at all....

grease up that socket with lots of pipe dope and tighten it down

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
If your going to use tape dope, stretch it around just the seating surface of the unions lower half being careful not to get it into the flow of water and it will act as a gasket. you may go around 3 or 4 times. If you are careful, it will work just fine.

Tape does no good the way I see that you have it.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
wow, american standard with problems?

Naw, that couldn't happen.

Either high water pressure is possibly one reason or that "assembled in mexico" torrent has reared its ugly head again.

If it was my house, I'd be ripping that faucet out. That won't be the last time you have problems with it.

I have a customer right now with a high end american standard that is leaking. Customer service is giving him a runaround stating they no longer make the faucet and they want to give him something "of equal value".

He paid $570 for this faucet 1.5 ago.

Total BS.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks