(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: my kitchen sink sprayer thinks its a machine gun

Question my kitchen sink sprayer thinks its a machine gun

we just installed a new faucet w/sprayer. everything works great except the sprayer pulses like crazy...did we do somethg wrong??? it couldn't possibly be designed to work like this ...could it???? does anyone know of a way to fix it?

The washer that seals the spayer head to the sprayer hose may be loose. Or, it may be another seal in the sprayer valve that is loose. It may be a defect or a poor install.
    Last edited by Verdeboy; 10-28-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Talking

thanks...i'm going to recheck everything now. thought it was OK, but you never know. i'm thinking it's a problem with the pressure 'cause when the faucets only half open it's ok. i'm sure there is something obvious i've overlooked. this faucet/sprayer is different than any i've delt with before (in my limited plumbing world). oh well...one can only learn from their mistakes! anyway, this site has given me alot of laughs and brightened my day. good stuff.

Pressure wont do it....What brand of faucet is it. Describe the faucet.

Quote Originally Posted by sashapink
    thanks...i'm going to recheck everything now. thought it was OK, but you never know. i'm thinking it's a problem with the pressure 'cause when the faucets only half open it's ok. i'm sure there is something obvious i've overlooked. this faucet/sprayer is different than any i've delt with before (in my limited plumbing world). oh well...one can only learn from their mistakes! anyway, this site has given me alot of laughs and brightened my day. good stuff.
    When a washer is loose, it's usually fine up to a particular pressure. Above that pressure, it starts to vibrate. In some cases, it will stop vibrating again at an even higher pressure.

Cool

i see...it's called kingston brass. looked nicely made (better than at home stores), but more complicated. i haven't disassembled the entire thing yet... won't have time untll later in the week 'cause i need to use the sink now.i only rechecked the above connections. glad it's only the sprayer thats a problem. too bad i have a outside job...i like working on my house better. instant gratification. well in this case, maybe not so instant, but still fun. thanks for your direction...the instructions/info that came with the faucet are sparce, to say the least. i'll let you know how it works out.

Try looking for an exploded diagram on the web.