installing a tub and a one piece surround...

Users who are viewing this thread

zbaise

Reaction score
In what order should I do the following...
Should I glue or caulk the tub and surround then attach to walls or attach to walls and then caulk? My wife says someone told her that we should use adhesive to secure the surround to the tub and then caulk the seam, is that correct or is tub 'n tile caulk sufficient?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I reciently used some Power Grab for tub surrounds and I am hooked on the stuff.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
surround

What do you mean by a one piece surround. If it is truly a one piece unit then it has to attach to the tub before the walls are installed because it would be designed for a specific opening size, and that is the same size as the tub's before any wallboard is installed. Once the drywall is in place the opening becomes smaller and a one piece unit should be too large for it. A one piece unit could not be designed to fit inside the walls because every space/room would be different.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks