Water Heater Location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael McCann

Reaction score
I am moving my water heater to the opposite side of my house located in the laundry room. From what I have read on this thread I'm guesing it would be best to set the water heater on the opposite end of the laundry room away from the dryer and laundry chemicals?
Mike

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's especially true if it is a gas heater. I don't think electric heater are that prone to problems of lint since all of the heating elements are enclosed in the tank body.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
chlorine fumes from the laundry, if it becomes part of the combustion air can eat it up since between the moisture from combustion and the heat it can make HCl, hydrochloric acid. Lots of WH last a long time in that location, but it can be problematic under the right conditions. Most condensing furnaces specifically state to keep the intake air away from things like the dryer exhaust (which will concentrate the bleach if you don't have a washer that does a good rinse job). Make sure to keep the dryer filter clean and seal the joints in the exhaust to minimize lint.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it's an FVIR heater with the plastic screen, you need to clean it on a weekly basis. It will clog with lint.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks