sewer gas.....

Users who are viewing this thread

nickyg

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel. The sink and toilet are removed and I have open waste pipes. I stuffed an old shirt in the toilet flange and a sock in the sink pipe to stop any gasses from coming up. This was working for a few weeks, but now the smell is coming through. I even tried a plastic bag under the shirt stuffed in the toilet flange. Anyone have any other ideas??? This gas is really bad!!!!!!!!! Please help

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You may have a broken or cracked vent pipe / fitting.

humorazz

Reaction score
Beano?

No, but seriously, if u have removed the trap adapter when you removed the bathroom sink then try a inch and a half expansion plug for the sink drain and depending on whether u have a 3 or 4 inch drain for the throne or (commode) that is , use another expasion plug 3 or 4 inch as needed, then follow with two asprins and call someone in the morning.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks