Re-Wiring

Users who are viewing this thread

laxnfish4

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I'm working on a remodeling project where I need to add some new light switches and move existing ones to new locations. Any Suggestions?

I was thinking wireless switches might be a good idea?

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of wireless devices, except in unusual circumstances. If you've got good access to where the switches and lights will be going (e.g., from a basement or attic), I'd definitely use conventional wiring.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
My experience with (older) X10 systems was poor. They were unreliable, and prone to turning things on or off uncommanded. Vulnerable to outside interference and hacking. Another reason to go broke buying batteries, which typically die just after you've used your last spare. And, mainly, I enjoy doing electrical wiring.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I don't have many x10 stuff, but the only things with batteries are the remotes. You don't NEED a remote, but you do need a controller.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks