(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: leaking Hudson Reed tub faucet

Question leaking Hudson Reed tub faucet

I installed a new Hudson Reed tub faucet on a tiled deck. This unit has the faucet being fed by two remote handles. The faucet also has a diverter valve that sends water to a handheld shower.

My problem is that this Hudson Reed unit uses 3/4" hose type fittings with flat washers (just like a garden hose). I cannot get all of these fittings to seal, 3 out of 7 fittings continue to leak no matter how much I tighten those three fittings.

This seems to be a problematic way to make a plumbing connection, how can I make these fittings seal? Once I get these to stop leaking is this a connection I can trust over time?

Well, I must confess ignorance here. What the bleep is a Husdon Reed? Where do your get these? You will need to refer to the manufacturer's installation instructions and possibly call them.

Hudson Reed is a British manufacturer of bathroom and kitchen fixtures, http://usa.hudsonreed.com/

I'll try and contact them, they try and limit their support to e-mail only and I have read on other plumbing forums that it can take several days to get a response.

The washers it came with are probably either not thick enough or not "rubbery" enough to make a good seal. If it really uses garden hose type washers, try buying a different brand and/or using two of them if they are the thin type. You might also want to try wrapping the male threaded ends with teflon tape. Unless there's a split in the fitting, you should be able to get a good seal.
    Last edited by Verdeboy; 10-23-2006 at 08:28 PM.