Cat using toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Katerlyn

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to get the cat to go in the toilet (not the training way kit)...my cats will go in litter boxes with screens so i can dump results in toilet....but it sure would be nice if they just hopped up on the toilet reserved for them in the basement! Any ideas? I think someone could make a mint if they figured this out. I had a machine that washed the plastic litter, worked great, but the last i knew the company went out of business and i had to stop using it because the carpenter installed it next to furnace and it seemed like the furnace vent spewed the smell upstairs to the foyer. Plus I can't get refills for the machine. I was using clumping litter and machines and so forth, what a mess and expensive, too for under 10 cats. I have an "outhouse" porch that they can tunnel to (their playhouse, too)....because we have killer coyotes here...but they don't always use the outhouse...I thought about converting a couple old toilet commodes I have...

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I think you're stuck with some sort of training kit (there are severeal of them on the market), unless your cat(s) are a hell of a lot more trainable than mine. From several Web videos I've seen they ultimately do a great job. I would NOT train the cat to flush, as some have done, since it turns out to be great entertainment for most cats.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6497257644936185526

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Remove the water from the commode and fill it with kitty litter. Then they'll go in the toilet.:rolleyes:

R

Rancher

I used saran wrap with kitty litter, worked well until he had a diarrea day, and it was all over the bathroom, that was the last day of training.

Rancher

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Cats will use floor drains. Tub, shower drains.

I have known cats that pee down drains instead of putting it into litter boxes. Urine stinks. Cat urine reeks.

New need: a lever that drops a cup of water on top. Or, even better, a waterless urinal for cats. Oil-based.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks