(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Angie's List

I had a difficult time finding a woman who would use a shovel and get on a ladder... my prerequisites for a serious relationship!

Hmmm.. a whole 'nuther thread.. I got into oil painting for a while... no time to go there.... Drop your easel and get a ladder. Starving artists don't eat well.

I got weirded out for a while thinking I wanted to be the next Norman Rockwell. I had a few friends who were amazing artists...totally self taught. We critiqued and taught each other and just passed on alot of "how to" things...kinda what's happening on this here forum here.

I used to do alot of SCUBA diving... no way in hell am I gonna jump out of an airplane... actually I wouldn't mind the jump... it's hitting the ground that scares me. Falling off of a ladder is scarey enough. I have issues with just climbing up on roofs.....ain't jumping out of no airplane...uh uh..no way.

SCUBA is great. I was certified in 1967 but haven't done it in years. I need to start it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass
    SCUBA is great. I was certified in 1967 but haven't done it in years. I need to start it up again.
    Me too. In 1968. My brother is a master diver.

I got certified in '70.... looks like we got a bunch of old farts in this forum. I've got 3 tanks sitting on my front porch...over 10 years since last hydro. Two have k-valves and one with a J-valve.

Lets get together and start underwater remodeling.

Ya... I've been trying to save up a couple of water heater tanks for ballasts on the submarine I drew plans for about 40 years ago. Hey,,. this lake has very clear water... decent visibility except on summer weekends. Maybe I'll take a couple of pictures today and show you guys what my humble abode looks like....A BIG MESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie
    Did you get cerified about age 18? I am proud to be 80. ONLY kidding, I will now sound young when I tell you I am now...ha, will never tell.
    Cookie I was certified at 12 yo.
    Some special designation called "Blue Sharks" in Los Angeles. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever done.
    I had to pass the tests by all the adult standards mentally & Physically.

And in LA-back in 1968 a lot of Divers were Hard drinkin-Womanizing-pistol packing hombres.
    Spending 36 hours in close quarters with these guys aboard ship near Catalina Island was
    pretty eye popping for me at 13. yea buddy...
    Last edited by Mike50; 12-02-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Yep.. 18..right out of h.s. Did it all in the indoor pool at the YWCA then did an openwater checkout in Morrison Springs, FL ... IMHO it was a wimpy course and NASDS certification... PADI was still young and I didn't even hear of it until a year or so afterwards except in Skin Diver magazine. But, hey, I got this really nice patch which looked really KEWL with my corvette patch on that nice blue windbreaker with the pretty racing stripe... and guess what?... I've still got it! One of my few artifacts from my "coming of age" years....

I was also a swimming instructor, Red Cross certified.

I went to a summer camp in NH that the Red X rented for their training course and when it was over we found out the during the rest of the year it was a nud*st camp!!!!

Randy...I had a big ass Blue Shark certified diver patch on my jacket when I was 13. I thought it would impress my friends and make me popular with the girls. Had no effect what so ever.
    So, I grew my hair down to my shoulders-Now That did work. lol

On my checkout dive I had to swim down 75 feet. Sit on bottom of ocean floor then take off every piece of equipment--then put it all back on.
    So you start again with no air and no mask. OMG
    It was so intense I didnt have time to be scared.
    Last edited by Mike50; 12-03-2006 at 07:02 AM.

Mike50. Much the same as we did. Morrison Springs has caves that go way deep.. like 140' but the water is super clear and warm. The ditch and recovery (removing tanks and stuff) didn't phase me. I guess I was just comfortable with diving and with the equipment. I went diving with a couple of guys off of Molasses Reef near Key West where I just threw everything overboard in 65 ft of water and dove in with my weight belt on and goggles in my hand. It was an attempt to save air and keep from hitting my head on the tank valve. I had no problem with that either... just some of those funky things kids do... man it's been such a long time ago...1977

I was also a Life Guard and rode a motorcycle, talk about girls...... Cookie you listening.