carpet panels

Users who are viewing this thread

ETHBilly

Reaction score
Hello, new here. I was wanting to know more about installing carpet panels. Has anyone here done that? My spare bedroom has hardwood floors. I know, they are great and should never be covered. However the room is over a basement and the cold comes thought the floor and keeps the room chilly in the winter. I wanted something to cover the floor that I could remove in spring. I saw these carpet panels at my local hareware store. They wouldn't take up much room when I needed to store them as a long carpet roll would. Home don't have much storage space. My home was built in the thirtys so I do not store anything in the basement for fear it would be destoryed from the dampness. Anyway, has anyone ever installed carpet panels, do you like them, and are they easy to install as I have been told?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
A cheaper approach might be to try to tack up some insulation between your floor joists, if you have access to them from the basement and/or buy a couple of rugs.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Just a little thought--there is no cold, but an absence of heat. Insulation will slow the loss of energy (heat), but not stop it. I think you might be happier with some insulation under the floor. You should be able to put up at least R-19, and more would be good. R-19 is usually about 6" thick, and your joists will be at least that deep.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
carpet

I am sitting on a chair that is on carpet panels right now. Cut the edge ones so there is a tight fit and you probably won't even know they are panels after a couple of days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks