Water softener troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

urg1996

Reaction score
Purchased a home about 8 mos. ago, approx. 10 yrs. old. Had a huge ice storm and lost power for a week. Suddenly our water softener (along with everything else) is acting up. It is continuously cycling-doesn't stop running! Is there anything I can do to reset or fix it, or am I searching for a new one? We don't have any paperwork for it to troubleshoot from. Thought we did, but we don't. Not even sure of the brand. Thanks to anyone that can help...

Jrejre

Reaction score
You should be able to find the make/model somewhere on the head of the unit. If you find that, you can likely find a copy of the manual on-line. If you have trouble, post the make/model and I'd be happy to look for it for you.

Also, is it a manual timer or electronic?

urg1996

Reaction score
jrejre said:
You should be able to find the make/model somewhere on the head of the unit. If you find that, you can likely find a copy of the manual on-line. If you have trouble, post the make/model and I'd be happy to look for it for you.

Also, is it a manual timer or electronic?

It is a manual timer. It was made in Canada. The only number I can see anywhere on it other than patent #'s is the serial #2959031. I can fix many things by working with it a little, but I just don't have a clue about this one. Thanks for your efforts. :confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks