Washer drain pipe blocked

Users who are viewing this thread

carimwc

Reaction score
While doing laundry tonight, I discovered that my washer was not draining properly and spewed water all over the floor. The drain hose was fine and we drained the washer by using buckets. The drain pipe seems to be blocked.

We poured water down the drain and some of it went down but it started to back up. Short of calling a plumber, is there anything we can do to solve this?
We've only been in this house for 2 months and it was built in 1970.
Many thanks.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Call Roto-Rooter. If you don't have experience using an electric snake, you could get hurt.

Jeff1

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 1965 house. An additional problem was my drain was 1 1/2 inch so even after clearing it, it still backed up with my new washer. The solution was to replace it with 2 inch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks