Shallow well pump problem

Users who are viewing this thread

marymk

Reaction score
I have a shallow well submersible pump. I have water, but my pump kicks on when I use water. The pressure pulsates when I take a shower. My home was a camp. The pressure switch shows maximum pressure but when you use the water it clicks on & off & the pressure doesn't drop. I recently changed the water filters & then the problem started. Can you help?.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You have either a waterlogged tank or a tank that is too small. Either way, you need to address the problem or the motor will be the next thing you need to replace. You might want to consider a Cycle Stop Valve with your small tank if it is still good.

bob...

marymk

Reaction score
Storage tank

Thank you for your post. Do I need to drain the storage tank or do I need to put in more air?

marymk

Reaction score
Air

I know I sound pretty darn dumb, but do you have any idea how much air I need to put in. I am going away for a couple days, so I can drain the whole system & then start everything back up when I come home.

marymk

Reaction score
Storage tank

I couldn't get at the storage tank to see what kind it was, so I drained the system. It seems to be working properly now. I certainly appreciate all the help you have given me. Thanks again.:)

Raucina

Reaction score
So that means [likely] that you have a standard tank and you should do that on a schedule.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks