(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: water softener troubles

Question water softener troubles

Purchased a home about 8 mos. ago, approx. 10 yrs. old. Had a huge ice storm and lost power for a week. Suddenly our water softener (along with everything else) is acting up. It is continuously cycling-doesn't stop running! Is there anything I can do to reset or fix it, or am I searching for a new one? We don't have any paperwork for it to troubleshoot from. Thought we did, but we don't. Not even sure of the brand. Thanks to anyone that can help...

You should be able to find the make/model somewhere on the head of the unit. If you find that, you can likely find a copy of the manual on-line. If you have trouble, post the make/model and I'd be happy to look for it for you.

Also, is it a manual timer or electronic?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jrejre
    You should be able to find the make/model somewhere on the head of the unit. If you find that, you can likely find a copy of the manual on-line. If you have trouble, post the make/model and I'd be happy to look for it for you.

Also, is it a manual timer or electronic?
    It is a manual timer. It was made in Canada. The only number I can see anywhere on it other than patent #'s is the serial #2959031. I can fix many things by working with it a little, but I just don't have a clue about this one. Thanks for your efforts.

By pass the unit until you can fix it. That will stop the water running through to drain. Do a web search for water softeners and find a picture on your control valve and the brand, then look up a manual or describe the face of it here.

Gary
    Quality Water Associates