Americast bathtub vs Maax acrylic bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

Wayne Wilmott

Reaction score
I'm doing a bathroom remodel and I'm looking at using either the americast bathtub or the Maax acrylic bathtub. What are the pros and cons of each product. What would be better to use americast or acrylic. :)

Kavita

Reaction score
maax acrylic & americast tubs

i researched tubs recently for what seemed like forever! maax acrylic tubs and americast were in the mix.

if you've got the extra cash to input, you might choose americast over acrylic for the heat-retention properties.

i chose the deepest maax 5' acrylic soaking tub i could afford on my budget (under $600) and couldn't have come near the price if i'd gone with the same features in americast.

frankly, i like the finish feel and easy care and durability of americast, but it's a step beyond what i prefer to spend right now.

maax makes a good acrylic tub from what i understand talking with various tub owners and plumbline - so if you go with acrylic, check out maax in your tub search. maax's builder's line of tubs is pretty economical.

oh - they have great installation specs, too, for what that's worth!

enjoy , kavita

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks