Drip, Drip, Drip from my shower head

Users who are viewing this thread

Miranda12

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my shower head leaking, not from the threads, but from the head itself. It is a shower stall, not a bath.

I took apart the entire handle, replaced the seats and springs in the two holes at the back (new), replaced cartridge (new), bonnet assembly, and handle (new), but the shower head still leaked.

When I removed the shower head, a lot of water sprayed out, then turned into a drip. I decided to see how much it would drip, or if it had been fixed, so I left a bucket under it. ( I made sure that the handle was pushed into the off position.) In the morning, I checked it and the bucket was full. I am trying to figure out how to fix this costly issue. Thanks, Miranda

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drip

It appears that you replace all the parts that should stop the drip, but since it is still dripping, you either installed them wrong or they were defective.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Actually, you replaced way more parts than you needed to. There was a 99% likelihood that all you needed to replace were the springs and seats, for about $2.00. Sometimes, you can get seats that are defective. A little score or imperfection on one of the rubber seats could cause a drip. Also, the springs come in "old" style and "new" style. I would try both until you get a set that works. Note: Old style springs are longer and narrower than the new. The only mistake you can really make with them is if you install the springs upside down or if there's some gunk you forgot to clean out from the valve holes.

Last edited:

Miranda12

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the help. I have resolved the issue. I took out all of the parts and flushed the line. I then reinstalled all of the parts and it has not been leaking since!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks