Small but good quality toilet - suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kavita

Reaction score
good day folks,

i'm looking for a lower-profile toilet (smaller-than-average overall size) for an attic bathroom with angled ceilings and small overall footprint.

i'd like to know your suggestions for a good quality but smaller-area friendly toilet.

i'd prefer a round-bowl, but if the size and price are right, an elongated would suffice.

i really appreciate your help.

best, kavita

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Since your requirements are not the "normal" ones, you will find few companies that would produce such a limited demand unit. There are specialty manufacturers that might have such an item, and some mobile home supply stores could also feature such a toilet.

Kavita

Reaction score
smaller profile ... but still standard plumbing ...

hi and thanks for your note -

i wasn't clear, i think ... i'm looking for a toilet with a smaller overall profile, generally speaking, but not anything that's off-the-charts small.

perhaps a lower tank height, or less-wide tank (though i'm not bankrolled for $5,000 Toto with NO tank on terry's good-toilet list!), or any kind of space-saving toilet anyone could suggest.

many thanks again, kavita

Deb

Plumber
Reaction score
Deb

Is a corner toilet an option? Eljer makes one that I have had no complaints with. I had a customer that was so happy with his first corner Eljer that when he built an addition, he had the bathroom designed to accomodate another one.
Deb
The Pipewench

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A low compact toilet

Toto makes a low tank compact toilet that is 26.5" long.
Toto Supreme MS863113

ms864_6.jpg

The one pictured there is the MS864114 elongated version.

Last edited:

Kavita

Reaction score
thanks so much

thanks Deb and Terry -

deb - that corner toilet is indeed the sweetest fixture (yes, I know, it's a toilet but I think it's very cool looking) and if I wasn't dealing with attic ceilings (slanted roof line, no head room, no corner fixtures feasible) I'd go for it. thanks for bringing it to my attention for future possibilities elsewhere!

terry - this toilet seems perfect! I appreciate your suggestion.

cheers, kavita

Last edited by a moderator:

Kavita

Reaction score
Supreme update

just wanted to say thanks again for recommending the TOTO Supreme. finally got around to ordering it and our wonderful plumber got it in short time. it's the perfect size for this application. not quite ready to connect it yet so can't comment on use, but the very small tank size and overall design are great.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks