Delta 1400 Series shower faucet problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Bryanw21157

Reaction score
Hello. I replaced the seats and springs in a 1400 Monitor yesterday.
Now, the handle is VERY loose and gets turned by the shower head 'hose', easily either freezing or burning the person in the shower.

How do I tighten the shaft that the handle attaches to? Do I need to buy a new one?

thanks,
Bryan

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
With most Delta faucets, there is usually a little bonnet, or cap, that keeps the parts from moving around. Wrap it with a rag and try tightening it up some more with a channel locks.

Of course, double check to make sure that the handle is tightened as well.

If you need to buy parts, here's a great website, where you can easily find your bath faucet:

http://www.lockplumbing.com/delta/tubsingle.htm

Bryanw21157

Reaction score
problem solved

I was thinking about it and came up w/ this solution....
when I disassembled the unit, I had to pry the 1st half of the
valve body (white plastic piece that the faucet stem is attached to)
out of the sleeve. When I put it together the 1st time, I had the assembly
on backward and hot came out of cold and vice versa. But, it was tight...because I tapped it in with a hammer. When I fixed the hot/cold issue, I didn't tap it in....simply screwed the ring on to hold it in place. I think the little gap left in the assembly from not being tapped in is causing the looseness.

I'll fix the problem and update this thread with the solution.

thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks