Low pressure, pump runs all of the time

Users who are viewing this thread

JimMusson

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 300ft well which is 11 years old. The pressure has suddenly dropped to about 20psi and the pump runs all of the time because it can't develop enough pressure at the cut off switch. I have turned the valve feeding the house off and there is no change so the problem is somewhere in the system before it feeds into the house. I have also examined the ground between the well head and the pressure tank and see no buildup of water on the ground. The only think I can think of is the pump is clogged / failing or I have a leak somewhere in the well between the pump and the well head.

Someone hasa suggested the problem could be in the pressure tank (rubber bladder, 30psi) but I don't understand how that could prevent the buildup of pressure in the system.

Any insight on what's going on would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Musson

Raucina

Reaction score
Its not the tank. Get system to its max pressure, shut the valve to the house and all feeds. Turn off the pump manually. Does it hold pressure at 20psi? if yes, pump output is suspect. If no, leak is present down the hole somewhere. listen down the hole for any dripping, spraying. If you have not pulled it in 11 years you did fairly good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks