British Standard Plumbing Thread - Plugs

Users who are viewing this thread

GGunderson

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm looking for a source for 1/2" male BSPT plugs (brass, or....?) so that I can test a plumbing rough-in prior to closing the plumbing in the walls. Does anyone have a clue for me?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Phil H2

Reaction score
They can be hard to find without ordering quantities. If you have an account, McMaster Carr sells them by the piece. For testing you may also consider stainless steel; sometimes they are cheaper. Another source may be a company that supplies hydraullic hoses and fitting; sometimes they have a broader selection. There was an online retailer that sold metric and BSPT (& BSPP) fittings; they specialized in metric hardware. But, I don't have time to search for the comapany name. Also, I have heard of people using regular old NPT with BSPT in smaller pipe sizes. I never tried it so your mileage may vary. The main difference between BSPT & NPT is the thread pitch (55° vs 60°)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks