(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: British Standard Plumbing Thread - Plugs

  1. #1

    Default British Standard Plumbing Thread - Plugs

    Hello All

    I'm looking for a source for 1/2" male BSPT plugs (brass, or....?) so that I can test a plumbing rough-in prior to closing the plumbing in the walls. Does anyone have a clue for me?

    Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    DIY Senior Member Phil H2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Tujunga, CA


    They can be hard to find without ordering quantities. If you have an account, McMaster Carr sells them by the piece. For testing you may also consider stainless steel; sometimes they are cheaper. Another source may be a company that supplies hydraullic hoses and fitting; sometimes they have a broader selection. There was an online retailer that sold metric and BSPT (& BSPP) fittings; they specialized in metric hardware. But, I don't have time to search for the comapany name. Also, I have heard of people using regular old NPT with BSPT in smaller pipe sizes. I never tried it so your mileage may vary. The main difference between BSPT & NPT is the thread pitch (55 vs 60)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts