Condo on a concrete slab

Users who are viewing this thread

mtnbiker3000

Reaction score
Therefor all of the downstairs plumbing is in the walls and not in the sub floor (as there is none). I am remodeling the DS bath, and desperatly trying to find a NEW solution for the toilet. It must be a wall flush design. Also, idealy, the toilet would still rest on (and attach to) the floor, only flush into the wall (as did the original). However, I don't want to spend a fortune for the replacement. Any ideas???

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Floor mounted, rear outlet toilets are mainly pressure assist units now.
Gerber 21-310
American Standard Yorkville
To name a few.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Terry pretty well summed it up. A rear discharge will be more expensive , and the fact that most will also be pressure assist means yuo will be in the $350 to $500 range. If you pay someone to relocate the drain, the labor will run you much more than that. This sounds like a fairly big job for DIY.

mtnbiker3000

Reaction score
Looks like I'll probably just use the old one then. Maybe once I clean it up and replace the tank internals, it will be OK. Since this toilet is over 25 years old, do I need to worry about any of the bowl sections 'internal' plumbing? Does that peice ever fail or begin to leak? Can I test (pressure?) to make sure I won't ruin the new tile floor and sheet rock on the walls with a faulty toilet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks