pump still cycling too frequently

Users who are viewing this thread

ECK

Reaction score
thanks guys....
I assume the drop line is the line inside the well connected to the foot valve.
Hoping it was as easy as the foot valve, when I replaced it I took it out of the well from the elbow of the horizontal (or to jet pump) line and down. From the top of this 7ft line with foot valve attatched the plumber leak checked the valve by blowing in it. I called him in to double check my work after. If this tests against loss of air pressure at footvalve it would've been noticed if there was a pinhole leak here?And since only a couple of feet of this line are underwater in the well (very dry conditions) would I even be able to reprime the line in case of a leak in this line? Also', how come when I turn the pump on it regains pressure (seems to start around 20-25 psi jumping up from zero when I turn power back on) and fills tank. With a leak that empties my tank quick enough but still maintains its prime? Is that a function of location of leak?
Is there any other way I'm losing pressure from the pump besides water loss? Would a pinhole leak drain my holding tank in 13-14 minutes?
Anymore help is appreciated...but why do I feel as though I'm digging in the am.
Yesterday 09:25 PM

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Please don't start a new thread to reply. Go to your original post and continue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks