pump struggling to get through cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Bennet Young

Reaction score
I posted earlier as well. Having the same issue. Goulds jet pump has 30/50 switch. When it kicks on at 30 it will struggle to get any where. 5-10 minutes pass still struggling at 30 then all the sudden you can hear it take off and it brings it smoothly up to 50. This problem has just developed. I have a 1 year old system. 3/4 goulds pump, new bladder, new check valve. The pump holds the pressure when no water is in use and the pumpis off, so I guess the problem isn't on the well line or it would gradually fall. Please help.

Raucina

Reaction score
foot valve or check valve on drop line bad or pump is sucking air in small suction side leak that can be very hard to locate. More unlikely, bad pump impeller. maybe something holding foot valve partially open on drop pipe.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You have a new check valve at the pump don't you?

Then in front of that valve somewhere is and air leak, letting the water run back down and the air get in. The pressure in the system makes it very hard for the pump to evacuate the air back out of the pump so it takes a long time to re prime. You are going to have to fix the air leak wherever it is.

The best fix it to get rid of that check valve, and put one either in the well or if the well is too small, put the valve at the furthest possible point from the pump.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks