Delta faucets won't flow, help if possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Droptine

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to this forum. My father was a master plumber so I have some experience from working with him, but this one I've never seen.
We just bought a house and I have three of the Delta single round handled ball type sink faucets in the bathroom. The house was built in 1987, but I don't think these are the originals. Not knowing if water would squirt out when I took the handle off of two of them to clean them, I shut the valves off under the sink. After putting the handles back on, turned the valves back on, turned on the faucets, the water is barely a trickle on both faucets. Anyone have any idea why. All I can find on Delta is about leaking faucets, nothing on faucets that don't flow.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Remove and clean the aerators on the faucets. Sometimes, when you turn the water off and then on, you get a bunch of crud that has worked its way loose.

agulfer

Reaction score
I had a similar issue, except for me only the hot water faucet had water coming out. Sometimes "stuff" gets clogged in either the shut off valve or the faucet valve. Try turning off the shut off valves, unhooking the each line to the faucet, place the line in a bucket and turn it on to flush anything that -may- be in the shut off valve. Sometimes just turning the shut off valve on-off will free it up without having to go throught the above steps. IF you get water flow from the lines then you know the problem is in your faucet valves - you will need to take them apart and clean out any "stuff".

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I had a shutoff valve which was blocked at least 80%, leading to low cold water flow in a Delta kitchen faucet. I couldn't figure out why since I couldn't see the blocked area even after removing the supply line to the faucet. I could only see it when I took the entire valve off since it was on the upstream side of the valve.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
You can clean out everything in one swell foop by shutting off the water, disassembling the valve as you did before, leave it disassembled and turn the water back on slowly, just enough to allow water to flow out the fixture. You could also invert a bucket over the fixture and turn the water on with some force if you want to be sure of getting everything.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

If the amount of water flow does not change as you move the handle from all hot to all cold, then the aerator on the end of the spout is plugged up

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks