Please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

froggygal

Reaction score
The hot water handle in our bathtub has just broke off. We have NO idea what brand the faucet set is, we haven't been in the house but 10 months. The little plastic piece inside the handle broke off and the hardware store said that is going to be a pain to replace. Can anyone tell me what we have to do next? Can we just replace the handle or is it going to be more of a hassle?
thanks

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you have no way of using the shower until it is fixed then I would call a plumber and see what has to be done to get you water. Can you post a pic of it?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
As long as you didn't break off the valve stem, you should be able to replace the handle, no problem. Just bring it to a plumbing store and find an equivalent one.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Emergency handle

Depending on the handle, you might be able to get by using a pair of pliers to operate the valve. We really need more to go on -- a picture, brand name, etc. "Little plastic piece" could be the top of the cartridge, but doubtful. It'll be cold showers for a while...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
handle

To a hardware store anything will be a pain to replace if it is not something they sell. Either give us a picture or call a plumber. Do not start buying things to try to make it work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks