Early 90's Crane Toilet Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

imealsloan

Reaction score
Yesterday the tank on one of my toilets cracked. Obviously it needs to be replaced. However I cannot find the part number anywhere on the tank.

The only identifiers I can find embedded into the tank wall is "1282" and "CR/PL". Neither of these correspond to anything in the Crane catalogue. Simple stuff, but I can't find it. Any advise?

BTW this toilet has "Crane Miser" printed on the bowl, and it's a 2-piece setup. It is NOT an Economiser variation. It's a gravity type from the early 90's.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
It might be best to just replace the toilet at this time. Sometimes a tank can cost almost as much as the whole thing. Also, if there is a Habitat for Humanity Re-store near you, you may get lucky and find your toilet there.

You can try using a special porcelain epoxy if the crack is minor. I've had limited success with that product.

crane-tanks-cracked.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Any replacement parts would have to be used. Full flow toilets are illegal to sell and no dealer would bother to keep parts in stock especially for a first generation low flow, most of which did not work well at all.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The CraneMiser was a #3-672 or 6-672 combination witha #3-652 or 653 tank. You do not find it in Crane's catalog because it is no longer produced. IF a replacement tank has the correct "3 critical" dimensions, it should work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks