Weil-McLain Ultra 155 and purging air out of system

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkLevinson1

Reaction score
Hi,

Let me start off by thanking you in advance for your patience. I am remodeling my kitchen (doing all the work myself) and as I am not a contractor I do need to rely on a lot of research, reading, trial and error and the sage advice of professionals and experienced folks such as yourselves.

I have just relocated a baseboard unit and installed a toe kick heater so naturally I needed to drain my boiler. Problem is that it is hard to figure out how to purge the air from my system by reading about other peoples systems or trying to understand how it relates to my specific setup. I have already went through bleeding all the individual baseboard units starting with the furthest from the boiler and as I expected it really didn't solve the problem.

I have taken a decent photo of my boiler and posted here:

http://patmedia.net/marklevinson/plans/boiler.html

Please forgive the over-labeling but I wanted you guys to have some references when explaining to this eager student of plumbing.

thanks,

Mark

dhenvy

Reaction score
Try this

This is how I would bleed your system, but I'm not a plumber just a jack of all trades and you know what that means
l
Close B, then close G. Then close D. Use valve c with a short piece of garden hose and a bucket and keep it kinked till you hear no more air coming out.

Then open G and D, close F, Close E , repeat the above. Then open everything back up.( Except C )I think thats it. Just two zones right??

You may be able to just close B and use C to bleed to whole system but I've never done it that way. My boiler is set up similarly and I've always seperated it and bled each zone on its own. Hey but what do i know I just kind of looked at mine and went for it, seemed to make sense. Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks