(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: shower head dripping

Default shower head dripping

my shower head is dripping while filling the tub. its 8 yrs old this happend
    when i first installed the shower unit i called he company and they sent me a
    valve of some sort to put in line above the shower head and it worked for
    ever but now its leaking again and i dont know who made the shower i lost all the info has anyone heard of this type of valve or where to get one thank you.

I'm not sure what valve you're talking about, but you could always buy a showerhead with a shutoff button. Most hand-held showers have an "off" position as well.

You probably have high water pressure.

DIY Junior Member shaolin_dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agarst
    my shower head is dripping while filling the tub. its 8 yrs old this happend
    when i first installed the shower unit i called he company and they sent me a
    valve of some sort to put in line above the shower head and it worked for
    ever but now its leaking again and i dont know who made the shower i lost all the info has anyone heard of this type of valve or where to get one thank you.
    i have heard of this happening with certain valves, especially if they arent installed correctly. I'm familiar with the Moen valves, and the symptoms you have there are what is called "shared water" or "stacking" ultimately, this means that there were issues possibly with distance from valve to tub lookout pipes, or possibly the type of material on the tubdrop. check the showerhead for a name in the middle of it, or even the plate behind the handle on the wall. there is sometimes a name on it.

I would repair the mixer because I don't want pressure to build up in my shower riser. Don't believe a valve on a shower head is a good idea. It can be ideal if you want to stop the flow so you can soap up and then rinse.