Diverter stuck??

Users who are viewing this thread

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
Looked at a shower that the knob on the shower diverter will not work. I think this is a Delta, but I know the diverter knob is on top of the tub faucet spout. Is this fixable or should the tub faucet spout be replaced?

Thanks, Pat

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
If the shower diverter is on the tub spout, it has nothing to do with the type or brand of faucet. Replace the diverter tub spout.
Tub spouts may be one of two types...threaded screw-on (use teflon tape on the male threads wrapped clockwise as the threaded end faces you) or unthreaded slide-on with a set screw holding it in place. Check for a slot underneath the spout for an Allen wrench set screw.
You can get a one-size-fits-all that will usually work.
Good luck!
Mike

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

The other difference in diverters is that some have the thread at the wall, and others have it at the front of the spout by the diverter knob. Only a cheap plastic "fit all" spout will accomodate either type of connection, otherwise get a direct replacement for it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks