Need help finding DECENT manufactured home kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

atheria

Reaction score
Like most, I wasn't "rich" enough to buy a stick-built home here in the Puget Sound area, so after buying a manufactured home, we find that some of the "parts" of it are just not working for normal, everyday chores like, say, washing a pot used to boil spaghetti in. The sink, a 33X19 (and not stainless steel), is "ok" but it's rather hard to wash anything of any size in it.

Does anyone know where I could find an AFFORDABLE (under $300) sink
of this size or maybe even 33X20?

We can't do a major remodel of the kitchen yet - we had to re-pipe the moment we bought the home - yet another "thing" that wasn't really explained to us before we bought the home (long story).

Thanks in advance to anyone who give me a hint where to start. I've called all the major manufacturers of sinks - Kohler, American Standard and a few others but *IF* they have them, they are above what anyone who is IN a manufactured home could possibly afford and a 20 gauge sink that is all of 7 inches deep will NOT do since anyone who has seen these cheap sinks will attest to, they would rattle like nuts if you tried to put a disposal on them.

Thanks!
atheria

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
A standard double bowl kitchen sink is 33x22. Why don't you just use a jigsaw to enlarge your cutout by another 2-3 inches. I wouldn't consider that a major remodeling job.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was looking at the Elkay website and they do have an 18 gauge 33 x 19 stainless steal sink for $700. :eek: The manufactured home websites all have your cheap 20 gauge 7" deep model that doesn't work for spaghetti pots. And now I see some that are a bit deeper, but they are 22 gauge! There are a lot of porcelain sinks in that size, but that's probably what you have and don't like.

How narrow is your countertop?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sinks

When you look at sinks in that size range, many of them are "flat rim" sinks without the faucet holes or back ledge. You have to be sure the one you select is a ledgeback, unless your sink is a flat rim one with the faucet on the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks