Air tub blower placement

Users who are viewing this thread

dlr77057

Reaction score
I have a Hydrosystems air tub that i have yet to install.

I was reading how some air tub blower motors are loud and they can be located 10-15 feet away from the tub.

Does it seem to be the case that the blowers are loud? and does anyone know about Hydrosystems specifically?

Thanks!

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Every spa I've had with an air blower was so noisy we seldom used the air. If you can easily locate the blower remotely, do it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I have an air tub from Jason International (a son of Jacuzzi that went his own way). I don't find the airturbine particularly noisy...it's not quiet, but not objectionable. Most of them can be remoted, if that is a problem. Note, if you do that, the air column will end up cooler since the heat is generated in the turbine. Insulate the line well.

Mickster

Reaction score
I can't speak for your system, but one of the reasons we chose the Bain Ultra Duo was seeing the demo at the dealer. They deliberately kept the motor underneath the tub rather than remotely mounting it because it was so reasonably quiet compared to other tubs we'd seen/heard.

The water seemed louder than the actual motor.

Our sales person has this tub in his house and did not remotely mount the motor for it.

That said, if you can get to a place where they actually have demos (seems few and far between) you might want to take a listen.

We certainly can remotely mount it if we like, however, we are probably going to keep it under the tub. In the worst case, we can access the motor and remove it to relocate it in a closet.

If you are not planning to put in a tile front, and will have panel access to the tub, as we do, then I would strongly recommend trying it with the motor underneath. If it is too loud, remove the motor later, and remotely locate it.

Good luck!!

Michael

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks