Problem replacing American Standard shower diverter stem.

Users who are viewing this thread

guyinsb

Reaction score
I got the seat out

I did indeed get the seat out, using the standard cheap seat tool and smacking it a bit with a hammer to get it to bite into the seat (which created enough purchase to torque out the seat). Put in a new seat, new diverter (stem and barrel). Alas, still drips from spout. The diverter was just metal against the seat; there must be a washer or Irving missing.

Jim Oestreich

Reaction score
Hey, did you ever figure this out? I am having a similar problem. I have worked on these Am Std heritage faucets for years but alweays the valves. This is the first shower diverter that has given me a problem. I replaced and greased the whole assembly,(seat and washer) and if I remove the shower head i can get 85% flow up top but when i add the shower head the added resistance pushs half to the spout. I am wondering if it is an alignment issue of the barrel holes in the valve body????

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks