Foul odor near ejector pump

Users who are viewing this thread

caseyem67

Reaction score
Our bathroom in the basement was installed a few months ago. Just about an hour ago we started to smell sewage near the pump. We flushed twice and pump didn't kick on. We'll call a plumber in the morning, but for tonight is there anything I can check to determine why we suddenly have a foul odor?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Just wait for the plumber and he will let you know. It could be something as easy as TP preventing the float ball from actuating the switch. Don't flush any more unless you want a possible flood. You could try shaking the PVC but if the pump turns on then you won't know what the problem was and it may happen again when your not there ending in a sewage flood. The tanks are supposed to be water tight but that is not always the case.
I would wait and let the plumber look and test it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks