Plumbing - Does this look right?

Users who are viewing this thread

eyeglow

Reaction score
A friend of mine has taken pity on me and sent me this layout. But I'm wondering about this, it's just to simple looking. Is this correct? His draft doesn't show the drain line going to the septic, it's on the back side. Anyway, I'm trying really hard to learn all this stuff.

Attachments

• Plumbing Plan.JPG
    Plumbing Plan.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 368

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Piping

Looks fine to me. The only thing that I would question is if that is the main stack where it is reduced to 2in., thats a no-no, must be full size through the roof or tie into a full size that already goes through the roof. Lots of luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you don't have the time to do it right, where will you get the time to do it over?"

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
layout

I do not know any plumber who would install it like that.
1. There is no legal fitting that could have the pipe to the septic tank going out the rear of it, at least not the way it is shown.
2. There is no reason to have that riser pipe at the left end. It could extend from any of the other three risers.
3. It has to be full size out the roof, and possibly increased in size depending on where you live.
4.There are much simpler ways to make your layout.

eyeglow

Reaction score
New Layout

HJ, took your advice and redid the drawing. Am I getting close?

Attachments

• PlumbingPlan2.JPG
    PlumbingPlan2.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 329

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipes

Closer. Use a 3 x 3 x3 x 2 side inlet tee at the toilet. Run the shower/tub into that without a vent. Put a tee in the toilet's vent riser and arm over to the lavatory with an elbow at the end of it, again without a vent.

eyeglow

Reaction score
Lets see how I did

I hope I understood you correctly HJ.... here's what I have so far... The way it sounds, I don't have a vent.... I must have misunderstood you.

Attachments

• PlumbingTest.JPG
    PlumbingTest.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 318
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks