Aluminum pipe wrenches

Users who are viewing this thread

Billsnogo

wannabe plumber
Reaction score
Are they really worth it, or is just a luxury item? I am gathering my tools for my apprentice class and went to Harbor Freight. I am going there just because I am just starting and can upgrade as needed.

Anyways, they had aluminum pipe wrenchs there, and the prices were not too bad, and was wondering if it is really worth buying aluminum over the cast iron ones? I already have the cast iron up to 24", but have not really had to tote them around much since I am still a DIY until a shop hires me as an apprentice. Also, are the aluminum ones strong? They say HD aluminum and have a 48" wrench, and I wonder if they are more likely to snap.

thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The only aluminum pipe wrenches that I think are worth a hoot are Ridgid Brand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Harbor Freight

all that place sells is--- JUNK----

maybe you could get a hammer but that is about it....

honestly

you would be better off to go to a pawn shop

and buy any RIGID tools that you can find..

of go on **** and get some used stuff made by

rigid first......

look at what they got on ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Billsnogo

wannabe plumber
Reaction score
Thank you both, glad I asked here first.

MasterMark, are those ones on evilbay a good quality, or should I be on the lookout for RIDGID only?

thanks again! :)

Last edited:

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go with Ridgid, Craftsman or Reed. Ridgid makes Craftsman. I finally broke down and bought a 10, 12, 14 and 18. The 10 and 12 stay in my bucket, the 14 and 18 come off the van when needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks