shower curtain rod

Users who are viewing this thread

chaoster

Reaction score
Anyone have a permanent shower curtain rod? I have a tension rod now and it keeps falling down. I was wondering what is a good brand and from where. Home depot dosen't have them. Is there a standard height to install them? And do I need a special drill bit for tile? TIA.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
It shouldn't be difficult to find a shower curtain rod, and the brand really isn't important. They're all pretty much the same.

The height should be high enough so that your shower curtain is not dragging on the floor. I'm usually able to screw the "ends" right into the drywall, either above or next to the ceramic tiles. But if you have to drill through the tiles, you can use a masonry or tungsten carbide drill bit. If you have a variable speed drill, use a low speed for these holes.

You will probably need to cut the metal rod with a hacksaw to fit your space. They also make a plastic sleeve to cover the rod to match your bathroom color.

TedL

Reaction score
Actually, I just picked up a shower curtain rod at HD, for my new tub. I got a curved one that gives more elbow room. Used one like it at a hotel, and I loved the extra room.

chaoster

Reaction score
with the curved shower rod you get more room in the tub, but how much room do you lose in the bathroom?

Lancaster

Reaction score
Even the worst supply house in my town sells a cheap chrome shower rod that comes with flanges.The brand is Dearborn Brass but I know there are others.Im sure its less than 10$.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks