Sterling Ensemble Overflow

Users who are viewing this thread

Karen11

Reaction score
Hello-

We recently bought a Sterling Ensemble 36 bath/shower module. We already had an Ensemble 32 in another bathroom, and had good experience with it.

As were were installing the Ensemble 36, we noticed that the area of the tub, where the overflow plate mounts, is curved. That curvature makes it impossible to mount the plate, since the plate is designed to mount on a flat surface ( like every other tub we've ever owned). I looked at our Ensemble 32 and noticed that Sterling intentionally designed it so that the area where the plate mounts is flattened out to accept the plate. Why they didn't do that on the 36, I do not know.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has experience with this problem, and knows of an overflow plate that will fit, or another solution? I called Sterling/Kohler customer service, and they suggested packing the gap with white caulk :(

Many thanks.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
no big deal

its the back side of the tub that counts

and as long as the sponge rubber thing pressed down against
the tub it wont leak.....

the white caulk should suffice to be used on both the front
and back side of the tub....

if you tighten it down enough it might form to the angle somewhat too....

i dont think I would worrya bout it too much....

when in doubt ....caulk....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks