DWV fittings for pool plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

lehigh

Reaction score
I am removing the pool heater on my inground pool. The heater has a 2 inch inlet and a 1 1/2 inch outlet. Basically, I am going to disconnect and bypass the heater. It is a simple job to include a couple of unions, elbows and some straight pipe (all PVC). The problem is finding a coupling reducer to go from 2 inch to 1 1/2 PVC pipe. I was only able to find a DWV fitting that might work.

Question: Is it reasonable or safe to use a DWV fitting in the pool plumbing? The pressure is generally in the 20-30 PSI range.

Lancaster

Reaction score
I have only seen pressure fittings used on pool plumbing.Pressure reducing couplings are not seen that often but a 2 x 1 1/2 pressure bushing should be readily available.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks