Alignment question & also waxing the bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

Riker1384

Reaction score
I just bought a round Kohler Cimarron. It's about .25 inch behind where it should be, so the bolts are off-center and the washers are bent and tilted down into the bolt holes. Is this likely to cause a leak, or is this good enough?

Since I read the review thread and I've got the bowl dry, I think I may preemptively wax the bowl as some said to do to help keep it clean. Does Klasse All-in-one work as well? It's supposed to last longer. Also will either stand up to the Fluidmaster bleach bowl-wash kit for any time?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is always a little wiggle room when bolting a toilet to the flange, so 1/4 inch shouldn't be a concern unless you have used up your wiggle room and the bolt is coming out of the flange on one side. But this doesn't seem like the case. Try pulling the toilet and remounting it directly over the bolts. You may have to reposition the bolts differently in the flange to achieve this.

Riker1384

Reaction score
The problem with the washers not seating correctly is because I missed the plastic washers that go under them. They put them in the bag with the white bolt-caps, instead of with the nuts and bolts. I got some new washers and everything looks fine, and I've flushed it a few times. Luckily I left just enough length on the bolts.

I don't think I'll ever be happy with the water spots on these new toilets. The damn thing is, it starts out nice and round in this one, but then the water drops about a half-inch until the spot is smaller, and narrow. When I first flushed it, it looked like it was better than all the other low-flow ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks