Water Pressure/supply problem

Users who are viewing this thread

tinman

Reaction score
We have a well submerged well pump that is about 20 years old. Last year, we put in a new pressure tank because of bladder problems. The pump control we have is a Pumptrol Square D, Class 9013, Type FSG2.

The pressure tank came shipped with 40 pounds pressure. The pressure had to be reduced to get the control box to draw any water from the well. Honestly, I don't know what the pressure was then, it was working, so I didn't check. I did check today and it is at 18 psi.

When the new pressure tank was installed the pressure was decent and we didn't have any problems.

Now, we have VERY, VERY low water pressure. Also, quite often we run out of water after washing dishes and taking a shower or 2.

Could the pump control box be bad? Are these symptoms consistent with that or is this more likely the well pump itself or the pressure switch?

Any troubleshooting tips would be helpful. Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you sure that your well isn't drying out? Some places in the US are in their 5th year of drought (sp? doesn't look right!). Is the pump running often? Is it able to actually fill up the tank?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks