Number of fixtures per line?

Users who are viewing this thread

bmod

Reaction score
Hi,

Situation:

New house with pex plumbing. 1/2" lines from 3/4" hot & cold manifolds to each fixture in the main level bathroom. Each fixture has its own 1/2" pex line to the master manifolds.

Question:

I'm installing a bathroom in the basement that is directly under the main level. Can I tap into each 1/2" pex line for the basement fixtures or do I have install additional hot & cold manifolds and then run individual 1/2" lines back to each fixture just like the upstairs bathroom. For example, tap into upstairs tiolet for basement tiolet. Upstair sink to downstairs sink etc

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you tap into the 1/2" pex and someone in each bathroom trys to use water the flow will not be good. If it were me I would add a take off to the manifold if there isn't one that can be used or add a T some where on a 3/4" line near / B4 the manifold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks