Pump runs all the time...

Users who are viewing this thread

DMG

Reaction score
Hello
I have a submersable pump that always runs. I have a 30/50 switch and my water pressure is at 35 psi. The air pressure in the bladder is about the same.When I shut the power off of course the pump quits but the water rushes back down to the pump. So I know I need to pull the pump up to replace the check valve but I have never done this before. The biggest question I have is how do I do this? The well is 11 years old and is PVC and I have a pitless adapter. How does this come apart and will I need special tools? I understand that the pump may be pulled up after the adapter is disconnected. The pump is a Myers rustler 1/2 hp. Thank you very much for your advise!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks