Kohler one piece Rialto toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

JPKatz

Management Consultant
Reaction score
We installed 3 Kohler one piece Rialto toilets around 1983. Last year while I was on vacation the valve handle in one of the toilets fractured and the water kept on running. Nobody was home and the water ran for about 10 days. The water ran out of the tank and flooded the whole house. It seems that the overflow pipe could not handle the volume of water that was flowing into the tank. There are three holes in the back of the tank just above the water line. The water was gushing out of these holes. The toilet was on the second floor of the house. The result was that the entire first floor and basement were damaged. Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I have seen similar problems while people were on vacation and I recomend you close your main valve every time you take a vaca. Be sure the valve is operational by opening a faucet and checking that the water stops running.

Grazzy

Reaction score
kohler recalled the flush valves with the small round hole and replaced with the rectangular for this very reason.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks